Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Thursday Entry


(I woke up early today to sort out my schedule for the whole week)

Blogging, like so very few things in life, makes my boots lighter. One can think of many ways to spend a rare, fleeting moment of tranquility in ones day. Of course for someone loaded with tons and tons of work everyday (like me) sleep is the best option. Before, I used to have a time to read books or watch a movie. There were even instances when I have ample time to watch the clouds float by or stare blankly into space until my eyes hurt. There was enough "space" for words to kick in and I would be wrting and writing. There used to be enough SILENCE to LISTEN to. There was enough of everything that I can't really complain. Nowadays I spend these 30 minutes (1 hour tops) of work-free period doing the laundry, tidying up my room, updating my weekly schedule and planning out replacement classes from previous months (advance classes are just impossible) before I caught up with quotidian flux of things and tire myself again. It sounds pretty boring, you can take it from me, IT IS BORING! But then who am I to complain? EVERYONE IS BUSY! One thing though, it can get pretty boring but I LOVE WHAT I'M DOING. Which is very important, I guess. I know a lot of people who ended up doing something they don't like.

****

8:43 A.M.
Right now I am in the kitchen enjoying the hypnotic, monotonous drone of the refrigerator while in my room the 4th movement of Lalo's Symphony Espagnole carries a playful passage. There are little audible sounds that I hear but I am in the realm of silence, waiting for something to happen. I am just waiting for the right time, when I give in to the tide, the circus. I will submit myself to this moment of tranquility which is a valuable contribution to life's ongoing symphony. I will let silence talk to me. I will let silence bully me because I know, a few hours from now, life will consist of action and words and all other things that will exhaust me.

Post Script: You will not hear from me for the next 9 hours or for an even extensive time. Yet i'll know if you were here. Thanks for going this far with me today despite the inanities.
Exeunt

No comments: