Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thy Fiddle Shall Be My Fiddle by Miracle Romano



If I stripped you bare…

If I desquamated the substantiality
of you being an artist by heart,
I would still see you as a
nonpareil violinist and musician.

…but then if I sheared your reputation
as an impassioned violinist marveled by women,
I would still beam at you as a notable writer.

…and yet if I disregarded the actuality
of you being a wordsmith,
there would be the bookworm and literati
I find myself drawn to.

…but if I pared you
of your knowledge literature-wise,
your likeness to Jude Law would probably be
a reason to make me stick around. =P

…and yet again, if I stripped you bare
from all these attributes…
I would still be left with a beautiful soul…
and no one can take that away.

…but then, I cannot strip you bare
from all these qualities,
And I can only be grateful for knowing you
and having you by my side as a brother,
teacher, bestfriend – or anything we wish
ourselves to be.

I love you dearly… =)

May 08, 2007 


This was written (for my Birthday) by my best-friend, fellow-musician, fellow "polybibliogamist", life-time partner, fellow coffee lover, avid listener on life's woes & pleasures, fellow dreamer, fellow literature "afficionado", Miracle Romano. May you always be with me. Let's symphilosophise & sympoeticise life, Mir!  

photos by: David Cheok (with violin) & Miracle Romano (through a demitasse)

No comments: