Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Certain Yearning





There are times when we feel like burying ourselves on other people's empty spots and just feel the warmth this certain nook has to offer. It can be a lover's hollow under arm, a mother's welcoming bosom, a sister's comforting lap or her assuring weight right next to us in bed. It can be, of course, a friend's relenting shoulder and their indiscriminating ears. But right at this moment, I don't have any of these close to me. These little comforts which I so relied on back when I was young - young and small enough to fit all of myself and worries into these "comfort zones". I am alone. Ah! This must be why God created the fetal position. The older you get, you must never be alone. 


January 29, 2012 














about the photo: that's the 5 year old me 

No comments: