Wednesday, July 9, 2014







Today I woke up feeling better. The fever (and coughing) that broke out 2 days ago has subsided thanks to the amount of pills I've been popping and the mandatory 8 hours of sleep I've been getting. As always the case when I fall ill, I hankered for food like my whole life/sanity depended on it. The flu that struck gave me a monstrous appetite which is quite ill-timed knowing it's the fasting month and although every single food chain is permitted to serve food, no one is allowed to eat in full view of those who observes the fasting month. But what to do with these sudden cravings for a heavy meal (despite the debilitating symptoms)?

What I mostly hate about getting sick is how even the simplest things felt like torture and that I have to set things aside because of the nagging headache and the sniffles. 

But despite the improvement, my body is telling me to slow down. 


So, here I am  . . .  



reading, finally.









No comments: